Vermiculture/worm composting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Drewet88

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey everyone just wondering if anyone here was into vermiculture aka worm composting? I just recently started a worm bin for many reasons, one being my fish and turtles can eat the worms, it will reduce the amount of organic waste I produce and I'll get some free great worm casting to use on my plants. The best part about it all is its relatively free and very easy to do. If anyone's interested I can go into more detail about the little bit I know on the subject.

~Drew

Welcome to AA and we share the same name! When I was in 5 th grade, we had a science fair and this was my experiment. I built a plexiglas-glass box and you could see the worms at work. I put in egg shells, bread, newspaper and other bio degradable food items. This was small scale but many households are building compost heaps to cut back on waste. Oh and my experiment took 3rd place. Not bad.

That's cool, it would be awesome to see the worms while they worked on the compost. My worm bin is just a converted over styrofoam cooler, its not much to look at but storing the extra organic waste makes me realize how much stuff I'm usually putting in the trash.

Back
Top Bottom