Want new fish but is it possible?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

D_Tristan22

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 30 gallon and I really want to get probably another pair of colorful fish. I just want to make sure my tank isn't too stock to get it. At the moment I have

2 angelfish

3 dwarf gourami

3 guppies

And a tinee tiny pleco ( I'll upgrade when he is bigger)

It should be okay to add new fish as long as it isn't an angel. The dwarf gouramis you have might need to be rehomed though. more than one in a small tank like yours generally leads to aggression.

What fish were you planning on?

Oh I have 2 female and 1 male dwarf. Idk if it makes a difference but I've read as long as I have a 2-1 ration of females to males they will get along. And I looked at the ramirezis and they are gorgeous.

I just first have to do research in them.

And I'm not sure what kind of other fish to get but I really would like to add a couple more:)

Take a mated pair or ramirezi, this will avoid problems. Ramz are georgous and have great behaviour IMO.

I fear my red cherry shrimps transform into food, so that's why I don't have rams :(

In Quebec, canada, almost LFS have them.

Try to choose healty ones, quarantine for 14 days. When you choose them try to find a mated pair... They'll swim together, and one will be a male and the other a female. Just ask the LFS dude for sexing if he's not too noob.

I have two dwarf gouramis and they get along great BUT it is a male and female. It is funny to watch them together. I also have two gold rams and I love them. You just need to know that they are delicate fish, and I had a tough time sexing them. You will want a male and female because they pair off and stay loyal to each other for the rest of their lives. I think that is pretty cool. Have a place for them to hide too. Red Cherry Shrimp will be fine but just have a minimum of 10 with the rams.

Back
Top Bottom