Wanted: pics of tanks with blue or black painted backgrounds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gsxrguru2

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am trying to decide wheather i want to paint the back of my tank blue or black and would greatly appreciate if any of you that have done it could post pics to help me decide which color i want to do.

05302005_sw.jpg

blue

Before you paint it you could get one of those backgrounds.......plain blue on one side & plain black on the other side. Then you can live with each color for a few days and see which one appeals to your senses the most. I have one of these backgrounds and I switch it back and forth.

I like blue. With time it will be covered with purple coraline anyways.

I like black better.... IMO it brings out the colors in the LR and corals better. If you do go blue get a dark blue.. I need to post some pics soon...

I have a back ground with blue on one side and black on the other as well. I keep mine on the black most of the time. Just my .02

thanks everyone! i looked in the gallery and have been leaning towards doing a black background, however, just to be sure i think i'll use the blue/black combo to try both out for a bit before committing with paint.

Maybe you should try using a thin plastic, here in SA we call it perspex then you can just paint it on both sides and it is almost like glass so you will get more the look and feel of what you want

Back
Top Bottom