Water change SUPPLIES

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

greenhat06

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello all. I am running out of my current supply of water change supplies and would like your input as to the "best" method of ensuring that my fish are in healthy water. I have a 30 gallon tank and perform a 5 gallon water exchange every weekend (including vacuuming the gravel, not just funneling out water). I then refill the same amount of tap water and add Nutrafin Cycle and Nutrafin ChlorXchange. Just wondering what you guys do for your water changes and what product(s) you recommend.

Also, recently my water has been getting cloudier "more quickly" although the number of fish have remained constant (actually even decreased). Feeding the same amount as well. Any recommendations/advice/suggestions?

My most recent water values as of today were:
pH: 7.4-7.6
Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate 20
Using API masterkit

I use prime and do no less than 50% WC. I stated using primer after joining the forum. I think you get more bang for the buck.

I only use Prime and do a 50% WC on all my tanks weekly even the 220g. You really don't need multiple products.

Yes, already have a gravel vac. Just ordered 500mL of Seachem Prime. Can't wait to try it out, not sure why I haven't asked this before. Now I just need to figure out why I can't get my smaller schooling fish to survive and I'll be set haha

Back
Top Bottom