water change with a Python

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gadgetrunt

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hoqdy all. Thanks for pre ious answers to my other questions. I'm getting ready to do a water change with the Python system. I get how to remove the old water but I'm wondering how to get new water in that's conditioned and the right temperature. Ive seen there some videos out there but I'm wondering if you guys have any tips and tricks. Thanks alot.

Put your conditioner into the aquarium before refilling. Enough to condition the whole tank, not just the water you introduce.

As for how to introduce water at the correct temperature, if it hasn't been covered in the videos you have seen, i know it is in this one.

https://youtu.be/V3dhg5ylCnQ

Thanks for the link. Just getting ready to watch it. I was also going to get some preconditioned water from the lfs just to do this first big water change. That way I know everything will be out of water since the water in my building sucks. I don't drink it and I don't even let my cat Jedi drink it without being filtered. Thanks again.

Let me know how you get on. I dont have one, but been planning to get one. They arent that readily available in UK. Never seen them in a store, but you can get them online. I think you need an adapter here too to fit our outlet sizes.

Will do. My buddy who helped me set up the tank has one and we used it to fill and its pretty wicked on that end. He uses it for his 150gallon African cichlid tank. I got mine from Chewy.com (not a plug) and it wasn't that expensive. Ill post after I take care of it.

Back
Top Bottom