Water Changer Pump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yudhas

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi guys, I recently bought a 25-feet Aqueon Water Changer to help me speed up my pwc. The closest faucet in my house is about 20-feet, thus the 25-feet hose. However none of the faucets fits the hose, even with the adapter. Is there any suggestions out there? I try going to a local hardware store and they didn't have any adapters that would fit. Here's some pictures.

Thanks

Attachments

• photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    245.3 KB · Views: 73
  • photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    230.6 KB · Views: 72
What was on the faucet? Looks like it's missing something. Otherwise I'd suggest a male/male, each end matching the faucet and the screwcap on the pump.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It has this on it. But I took it off.

Attachments

• photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    217.8 KB · Views: 73
Take that piece to a hardware store and see if they have something that converts it to the inverse. Or a fitting with the same screw pattern.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Try shower head.

I tried it and it almost worked. If I flip the adapter around, it fits nicely but unfortunately it doesnt have those "grooves" so that it holds properly and at the same time if I do flip it then the adapter won't fit with the control valve.

I went to my local hardware store and couldn't find one. It's getting frustrating.

Stand by.. I have a similar issue.. I'll be in and out of the plumbing section tom afternoon with an answer! Some fittings are male and some female, we have female, the aqueon and Python seem to be setup for male fittings..

If you want to do something crazy. Find a coupling that will fit your shower head and add a piece of pipe that will fit your hose. This will help you fill your tank. To remove water you just use gravity.

If you want to do something crazy. Find a coupling that will fit your shower head and add a piece of pipe that will fit your hose. This will help you fill your tank. To remove water you just use gravity.
why would you want to fuss with a shower head every time??? You could just use a funnel and rope with out even unscrewing a thing...

All my faucets, once the aerator take out, are females. The adapter that comes in the package is way too big for the faucet.

I had the same problem so i got a male/male adapter from the sink to a garden hose adapter and just used the sink piece without the two included adapters and just used the water hose sized female piece. If that makes any sense lol.

I bought two adapters that fits one another at my local hardware store. I thought my faucet size was 3/8 but it turns out it was 1/2. Luckily one of the adapter fits on my shower head. Hopefully everything goes well for my pwc tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom