Water changes in an office tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheresaM

Aquarium Advice Addict
It looks like we'll be moving the spouse's tank into his office next weekend. I've got logistics of the move worked out, food and supplies he'll need. Only thing I'm not sure about is water changes. It's a very low bioload tank, red rili shrimp and chile rasboras. Should I send along a clean milk jug of home tap water? Buy a bottle of distilled? Any other thoughts?

Does he have a kitchen available at the office? I imagine you'd only have to change a small amount each week or so.

Does he have a kitchen available at the office? I imagine you'd only have to change a small amount each week or so.

No, it's a large company...cafeteria on the first floor, his office on the 4th.

Yeah that's inconvenient...bummer. I'd just bring a jug in once a week with water from home for water changes.

Bring a empty jug and a jug full of aquarium ready water. Fill the empty jug add new water dump the dirty jug out once at home. Repeat as needed.

Sent via Messenger of Gondor

Your Office Tank

It looks like we'll be moving the spouse's tank into his office next weekend. I've got logistics of the move worked out, food and supplies he'll need. Only thing I'm not sure about is water changes. It's a very low bioload tank, red rili shrimp and chile rasboras. Should I send along a clean milk jug of home tap water? Buy a bottle of distilled? Any other thoughts?

Hello Theresa...

Office tanks aren't the best idea unless you have a commercial outfit taking care of it. There can be problems associated with using company time to maintain it and then if, heaven forbid, the job doesn't work out, then you have to take it down. Embarrassing at best.

Anyway, if you're still "gung ho" with the idea, then pick up a couple of 5 gallon plastic buckets at the local hardware store to keep for water changes.

B

Back
Top Bottom