Water changes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Do you mean the water you're adding into the tank? Adjust the hot/cold on you tap until it close to the temp of your tank. Make sure dechlorinate first though.

I normally have a big bucket filled with dechlorinated water sitting near my tank for at least 24 hours so temp will be near equal. However not effective if u have a huge aquarium. Haha

Bovbov said:
When you change the water in your tank do you have to bring it up to temp and how do you do this???

As the others have said adjust you water temp at the tap. If you are not confident in matching the temp by hand use a thermometer, I do that if I'm not sure. I have found that as long as it's pretty close the fish are fine. I do mine in 20 ltr buckets.

jetajockey said:
i refill my tanks directly from the tap, I just try to get close to the same temp and go with it

In small tank, like my 10g, the bucket method is easy, first I add PRIME to the bucket, then I just use a thermometer to match the temperature from the tap water before fill the bucket with water, then I added to the tank.
With my 100G, I use a phyton, so I just add the PRIME to the tank first, turn off the filters, and add the water directly to the tank from the tap, matching with my hand the temperature as close as possible.

I stand there with the thermometer till the temp is right. Yesterday, I had it floating in the water as I was filling. But once the temp was right, it stayed that way. Then fill up my bucket and add de clorinator to the water before taking it to the tank.

Back
Top Bottom