water changes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FWFishTanks

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am about to cycle my 75 gallon aquarium, and after looking at the tank for a moment, I thought of water changes. I will be changes 25 gallons weekly, but I don't want to put fresh water in bucket by bucket. I would use a gravel vaccum to backwards siphon clean water in, but the outlet side would be higher than the side that would suck up the clean water. is there any sort of electric vacuum that is capable of sucking the water upwards to the outlet side? Suggestions of easier water change methods would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

I am about to cycle my 75 gallon aquarium, and after looking at the tank for a moment, I thought of water changes. I will be changes 25 gallons weekly, but I don't want to put fresh water in bucket by bucket. I would use a gravel vaccum to backwards siphon clean water in, but the outlet side would be higher than the side that would suck up the clean water. is there any sort of electric vacuum that is capable of sucking the water upwards to the outlet side? Suggestions of easier water change methods would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

I use one of these and it works great:

Amazon.com : 25 Foot - Python No Spill Clean and Fill Aquarium Maintenance System : Aquarium Gravel Cleaners : Pet Supplies

It comes in 25 foot and 50 foot versions. I have the 50 and have used it several times in my 75g tank with no issues. Hope this helps.

Yeah I'd go with the aqueon or python water changer. I would also consider changing more than 25g, 50% is a better choice imo.....

How would I connect this to my faucet? Is there a thread on it, or what?

If you have to use buckets I would get a small fountain pump to pump the water back into the tank

Back
Top Bottom