Water Chemistry Book

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mosaic

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Is there a comprehensive aquarium water chemistry book out there? One that covers all the parameters you test for? Besides needing to learn a little bit more for my own edification, I'm doing a chem paper on the chemistry of the aquarium and need some references. I know you all would know of one, if it's out there.

This would apply for SW, and it's not an aquarium book, but is probably the most readable textbook I've everhad. If you haven't taken many science courses then it might be a handful.

"An Introduction to the Chemistry of the Sea" by M.E.Q. Pilson.

Dr. Pilson taught my chemical oceanography class and is quite the character. Not sure if the book would be in your local library but you should be able to find it on Amazon or somewhere like that.

Well, I was thinking freshwater, but either is ok. I need to learn more about both.

I was going to mention, that any oceanography book should cover the chemicals of saltwater. I don't really know of a book that only explains fw water chemistry, sorry.

There is a book out there, that may be out of print, that was geared to the aquarist, called "Advanced Water Chemistry". A smallish book, but very comprehensive, and not overly difficult to understand. I think it may have been a Dr Burgess book, although that is just a guess. It was a big help to me to understand my swimming pool chemistry, although that was not it's purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom