Water circulation advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tallpaul003

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey guys
As you can see in the pic, currently got the cannister returning via a spout. Situated at the top left pointed towards the front centre (tank is a vision 260 bow front).
Noticed some buildup in the bottom left side so have ordered a Hydor Koralia 3200 to help.
Can anyone advise the best place to situate it? Outflow to the cannister is on the right so was either thinking to put it on the right pointing low towards the plants or would it be better on the left below the spout?
Ultimate are goal is good water flow for the circulation but not too much for the fish!!!
Thanks in advance

MVIMG_20171221_175832.jpg

I have read to point all circulation pumps in the same direction to enhance flow as opposed to aiming them at each other[sort of ] and restricting/redirecting /reducing the flow...

I use a circulation pump. I had the same problem. My spray bar(top left)at the top wasn’t moving stuff around at the bottom towards the filter intake. IMG_2287.jpg

Mine is situated on the left behind that large driftwood about halfway down the tank. The wood sort of diffuses the current so it doesn’t dig all the sand out of that left front corner.

My intake is on the right back corner.

I use a circulation pump. I had the same problem. My spray bar(top left)at the top wasn’t moving stuff around at the bottom towards the filter intake. View attachment 305725

Mine is situated on the left behind that large driftwood about halfway down the tank. The wood sort of diffuses the current so it doesn’t dig all the sand out of that left front corner.

My intake is on the right back corner.

How big is your tank? I've considered getting the smallest Koralia to provide better flow for my planted 20-long, but I've been concerned it would blow the fish around.

My tank is a 29. I’m using the Hydor 240.

The wood in front of it really breaks up the blow.

Back
Top Bottom