water conditioner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jungle

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
when i do wc I usually treat tap water conditioner into tap water first and then pour it into the tank. I'm going to buy a python to get water directly from the sink and then treat conditioner directly into the tank.
I dont know why i need to use tap water conditioner and can i treat it directly into the tank?

Thanks.

I treat the aquarium directly with tap water conditioner, I try to guess about around how much I filled up then measure out the conditioner and put it into the tank.

If you're also asking why you need to use tap water conditioner-- a good conditioner removes chlorine and chloramine as well as some heavy metals from the water.

Keeps your fish alive!

As far as the Python goes-- treating the tank first for the entire tank volume, not only what you're refilling, is the general suggestion.

I have a python myself, and I usually get the big tube end half full or so and add the conditioner there that way ( im my mind) the water flow "passes thru" and blends the conditioner into the tank water. Been doing it that way for the last three years and have had no ill effects to the fish or water parameters.

If you're also asking why you need to use tap water conditioner-- a good conditioner removes chlorine and chloramine as well as some heavy metals from the water.

Keeps your fish alive!

As far as the Python goes-- treating the tank first for the entire tank volume, not only what you're refilling, is the general suggestion.

Thanks a lot... Now i get why i need to use conditioner and I will treat the the entire tank volume :)

I have a python myself, and I usually get the big tube end half full or so and add the conditioner there that way ( im my mind) the water flow "passes thru" and blends the conditioner into the tank water. Been doing it that way for the last three years and have had no ill effects to the fish or water parameters.

thanks... :)

well i only use prime and it states right on the bottle to treat the whole water column. so if its a 50 gallon tank treat for 50 gallons. better be safe then sorry. i been doing this way for years with out any problems.

Back
Top Bottom