Water Conditioner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pmedley2070

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just added the prescribed amount of water conditioner to my 75 gal tank. The directions didn't say how long it took to work. Anyone have a thought on how long I should wait before adding my salt?

Thanks

Pete

You can add the salt right away, there's nothing there to cause a problem. If the water is being aerated with a powerhead, the water conditioner works quite quickly. Always mix SW for at least 24 hrs before using with livestock. Sounds like this is a new set up so there's no concern right now.

If using tap water in future for top offs and such, let the FW mix with a powerhead for an hour or so first.

Cheers
Steve

Thanks for the reply. A new set up is an understatement. It's taken me a over a year to get this far. Between the books and web pages there's alot of information to try and remember. I'm just taking it nice and slow. Sometimes I think if I go any slower I'll go backwards, but it's alot better then screwing everthing up.

Thanks again

Pete

Back
Top Bottom