Water test results check

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Conrad

Aquarium Advice Regular
Just wondering if my results are ok??? PH 8, ammonia 0, nitrite 0, nitrate 10ppm. Tested with API freshwater master test kit. Thanks.

Stock: 2 GBR, 4 trilineatus Cory's, 4 gold neon tetra, 1 glass catfish (soon to be 4). 94 litre river reef, flaval 305 external.

Conrad said:
Stock: 2 GBR, 4 trilineatus Cory's, 4 gold neon tetra, 1 glass catfish (soon to be 4). 94 litre river reef, flaval 305 external.

You may want to pick up "neutral regulator" by seachem just because gbr's need 6.5-7.5 and Glass catfish need 6.5-7 aswell as your gold neon tetras need 5-7

Attachments

• image-722877704.jpg
    image-722877704.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 42
Most fish can get use to any ph. As long as it doesn't fluctuate it will be fine. You can try putting some moss (I believe it lowers ph) in your filter. But make sure it is miss and not coral...

Majbarsalona said:
You may want to pick up "neutral regulator" by seachem just because gbr's need 6.5-7.5 and Glass catfish need 6.5-7 aswell as your gold neon tetras need 5-7

I wouldn't. Most fish are fine as long as the ph is stable. Things get messed up when you try and tweak the ph and then you are always fighting to maintain. While I don't have any of those specific fish, I have a variety of tropicals. Angelfish, pleco, tetra, platy, minnow, Molly, betta, dwarf frogs and a puffer. My ph is consistently above 8, usually 8.4.

Back
Top Bottom