Wave-Point HO LED question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think the overall size of the tank might be key here. 8 watts isnt very much unless you are lighting a 4g tank. lol I honestly would look for something with a bit more power if you are interested in corals. If you were to use that light over a 4g tank I bet all you could keep would be softie corals like zooas and leathers and mushrooms.

carey said:
I think the overall size of the tank might be key here. 8 watts isnt very much unless you are lighting a 4g tank. lol I honestly would look for something with a bit more power if you are interested in corals. If you were to use that light over a 4g tank I bet all you could keep would be softie corals like zooas and leathers and mushrooms.

Its a 5g, all I'm looking to keep are softies, pretty much just zoas, palys, gsp and mushrooms.

in that case, I would think it should be ok. I would give it a try and see how you do. You might have to move corals higher up to get the most from the light. :)

carey said:
in that case, I would think it should be ok. I would give it a try and see how you do. You might have to move corals higher up to get the most from the light. :)
Well then ill give it a try! :) There's not a whole lotta options as far as lighting a tank this size (13" tall, 10" wide and deep).

I've looked at the truelumen strips, but I'd need 2, and it'd be something like $115 and I'm not looking to spend that much.

Back
Top Bottom