Wavemaker Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bamadude91

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm starting a FOWLR 29g saltwater tank next week, and I've been looking at wavemakers. From my understanding they help circulate water and help recreate a more natural environment for the fish. I've read a lot of good reviews on the Hydor Koralia Pumps and Dr. Fosters and Smith gives a chart that gives recommended sizes, but I'm not sure which would be best for my tank. The largest nano size is 450 and it's recommended for my tank size, but the larger evolution model has a 600 size that is in that size window as well. Which size would you guys recommend for just your regular 29 gallon tank? I don't want a hurricane in my tank. lol
I've supplied the link so you can look at the it for yourself:
Water Pumps & Wavemakers: Hydor Koralia Evolution

okay. thanks. just to cover all my bases, i'll ask one more question. marineland maxi jet or the hydor? i'm leaning towards hydor, but just want to be sure I choose the better option. I think i'm overresearching and overthinking at this point...

appreciate the responses. I just have a couple more questions. Will one wavemaker be fine to begin with and eventually put a second one on the opposing side I assume?

Back
Top Bottom