Webs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Unicorn

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Dunno if they are spider webs, and I also don't know who or what is producing them. Just once in a while (every other day or ever 3 days) I see one of those floating in my tank. This time my crab gotta hold of it, so now I can finally take a pic of it. What the **** is this thing and where does it come from?!?!

I also see random strings attached to random places. Brine shrimp get caught in em or my snails get "hooked" but nothing comes out to "investigate" (like spiders when they caught something with their net).
Unknown origin, unknown purpose, and unknown ID - PLEASE HELP!!!!

Better not be a spider, HATE those things

Attachments

• image-802881789.jpg
    image-802881789.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 183
Try looking up vermetid snails. See if that might be what you are dealing with. Another one might be spaghetti worm.

Try looking up vermetid snails. See if that might be what you are dealing with. Another one might be spaghetti worm.

well, I was aware of spaghetti worms in my tank and never had a prob with them. Dont think they cause those weird floaty nets

vermetid snails on the other hand... I looked more into it and I think you are right. As long as they are not a bad thing in my tank I dont mind, but how in the worl do I control them :confused:
Upon closer investigation it seams they are like EVERYWHERE

I also have vermitid snails. I recently ID'd them and found that they are harmless unless too close to some corals (sorry I don't have details as to which kind of corals, the website I found was brief). For now I'm just keeping an eye on them and the corals.

Back
Top Bottom