Weird Guppy Behavior

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

leoslizards

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have this male guppy that's swimming very oddly. I've only seen him do this twice and both times it was late at night after I would turn the lights back on for a quick look at the tank. He would start swimming really fast crashing into everything and be in a twirling motion the whole time. Basically just spinning in circles while moving in a straight line. He does this for about 5 minutes then stops and rests on top of a leaf.
Another thing I find odd about him is that he never hangs around the other guppies. There's another male and four females in the same tank. Anyone have an idea why he does this? Is he sick?

I uploaded a vid of him doing this on the net. Feel free to download it and see for yourself. The video is a 2.2mbs .AVI file.

Maybe you just scared him? :)

Seriously, flipping like that isn't a good sign. Usually stress of the swim bladder. But if you've seen him doing it before and he is still alive... maybe he is just neurotic. :) I can't think of anything else to suggest becaue there isn't much to treat. I would definitley keep an eye on him though to make sure you don't start seeing other signs of illness.

Back
Top Bottom