Weird Pattern On Pleco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

woodcatl493

Aquarium Advice Activist
My Pleco has had this weird contrast between dark/light patterns on him. Only pictures can probably explain this.
He is still very active and will guard the algae pellets I drop down for him.
I suspect this is because of a 5 inch Pleco in a 30 gallon fish tank. What is it?

I will get tank information in another post.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Sick Pleco? ?

Attachments

• 1473561122170.jpg
    1473561122170.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 63
  • 1473561133078.jpg
    1473561133078.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 53
Could it be natural, like camouflage? My female bristlenose use to do that often.

70 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon boraras , red longfin bristlenose, bamboo shrimp, crs,rcs and different snails.
7 gallon halfmoon betta and red ramshorn.

Well, that's probably what it is because he is still very active and likes to eat. ?

Just keep an eye on him and if it gets fuzzy like cotton wool then it's a disease. To me it just looks like his normal pattern.

70 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon boraras , red longfin bristlenose, bamboo shrimp, crs,rcs and different snails.
7 gallon halfmoon betta and red ramshorn.

Yeah, I just did a water change and the fish haven't looked sick for a long time.

My sailfin pleco does that sometimes and I think it's from stress. He used to do it after one of my cichlids kept having a go at him when he was near it's cave.

Well if it's street then the tank is too small. He's around 5 inches in a 30 gallon tank. I'm setting up a 55 planted though, and I've made a thread but haven't started the project yet.

Back
Top Bottom