Is this a plecos slime coat shedding or start of popeye?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Spot the pleco

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I need some help. I need to know if this is popeye or something else. This fish you see is spot, he is, or was a young pleco male 8 inches long healthy and very active. Hangs out at the bottom of the tank, sticks to the side of his tank and I made him a cave to hide in when I turn the lights on. All the rocks are from outside, and yes i washed them with hot water to kill and clean the dirt away.

We got spot with the Molly's. They all where in a 25gallon tank. A big tank for 4 small Molly's and one 8inch pleco. So it all was going good until one Molly got sick and died. Not an issue. Then two Molly's are dead now and I start to wonder if its ph or anything chemical in the water. Nope it’s all clean and dandy, so that means that Molly's where sick. So when I came to that concussion Spot was still in the tank so I threw up a hospital tank and I’m now treating him like he has pop eye. He’s in a 15-20g hospital tank so I put about 4mL of Microlift in the filter

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, Spot is a common pleco right? He will outgrown your 25 gallon quickly so you should consider upgrading to a 75 gallon at least. Bigger would be better.

Back
Top Bottom