Weird question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Luma21

Aquarium Advice Regular
This is probably the weirdest question on this forum but what if I put an empty bottle of beer in my fish tank? Good idea or nah?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Your fish might be disappointed that the beer bottle is empty.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I mean if it's really really clean I don't see why not

36g semi-aggressive
20g community
5.5g betta/ghost shrimp
3g betta
2g fry

Agreed. If you have thoroughly cleaned it and it's just a glass bottle I don't see why not. Not sure but if you wanted you could fill it with tank water and throw a cork on top now you gotta lost pirate bottle :p

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

That is very true! And plus it would be a rolling rock beer bottle. Those bottles don't even have paper labels. So I wouldn't even have to take off the label. I'm not sure if I could boil a glass bottle though?

That is very true! And plus it would be a rolling rock beer bottle. Those bottles don't even have paper labels. So I wouldn't even have to take off the label. I'm not sure if I could boil a glass bottle though?

I would remove the label and just have only glass. I'm one of those that's extra safe with everything going in my tank though. You can research and see if it's safe.

You could try just hot water, not boiling but a pretty good temperature that way it's not going to shatter on you.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Honestly, its not even a big enough of a deal to bother boiling it. Theres no contaminants in beer that will stick to the bottle that could make your fish sick. Since its not a paper label you dont even have to worry about that. Just rinse it off and throw it in there.

Careful fish dont get stuck in it

Sent from my SM-G900F using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It would only be weird if you didn't drink the beer.

Surfnturf

5 discus
1 german blue ram
9 harlequin rasboras
5 corydoras
20 long
Eheim 2213
Finnex planted plus

Not weird at all... As a matter of fact I've done just that. I drilled a hole in the bottom and put a small airstone inside. I call it my beer bottle bubbler.
uploadfromtaptalk1428003786825.jpg

Sent from gs5(vzw) through tapatalk

If you drill sone holes you Could add some media into the bottle and turn it into a biological filter.

So many ideas for a beer bottle! Who woulda known! ?

Back
Top Bottom