Weird things

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DpxNinja

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have recent alt notice that one catfish I bought died the first day in the tank it was a rubber lipped pleco I researched and I come to the conclusion that it might of been a drastic water temperature change the next week I got 4 little sucker fish not sure what their name is but one died in about 4 days I wonder if it has to do with ph

I did a ph test and it came back with about 7.8 I was wondering if that is why the little sucker fish died

I was also wondering if drift wood does decrease the ph of so how do u properly introduce it to the tank

If someone know any answer to these questions or issues please respond to me thank u

I believe the rubber lipped pleco went in to shock because of the temperature change not sure tho

Make sure you understand how to cycle your tank. A big temp difference can cause fish to go into shock and lead to death, especially if the new tank water is colder. The temp difference would have to be substantial. Driftwood can lower the ph of water. It also will slightly stain water the color of weak tea. Its best to soak the driftwood in a bucket for a couple of weeks to thin out the tannins. I just rinse it off then toss it in. Dark water doesn't bother me. Hope this helps.

Make sure you understand how to cycle your tank. A big temp difference can cause fish to go into shock and lead to death, especially if the new tank water is colder. The temp difference would have to be substantial. Driftwood can lower the ph of water. It also will slightly stain water the color of weak tea. Its best to soak the driftwood in a bucket for a couple of weeks to thin out the tannins. I just rinse it off then toss it in. Dark water doesn't bother me. Hope this helps.

Thanks I just bought a piece of drift wood today and it's already soaking in a bucket

Back
Top Bottom