Well, we finally lost a GBR...in weird fashion, too.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NODAK1979

Aquarium Advice Activist
I've worn as a badge of pride that we've managed to keep all of our 6 German Blue Rams (GBR's) alive for the past 2 months. Since everybody has posted problems keeping them alive, and the store wouldn't even guarantee them at all, I used this as an example of how well we were doing.

Well, yesterday I got home somewhat early. So I turned on the aquarium lights and observed the fish as I normally do. As I was watching, I noticed a GBR swimming above our driftwood and then all of a sudden appearing to sink beneath it. It looked odd to me but I didn't give it too much thought because I figured nothing was wrong.

I went to a poker game with friends, and came home late. My wife woke up and immediately told me one of the GBR's had died. "Uh oh", I thought to myself. I was predicting that she would say she found it behind the driftwood. I was correct, that's exactly where it was. So I probably actually witnessed it dying but didn't know it. It was her favorite one too...the most beautiful male.

Weird....she couldn't reach it, so I have to go fish it out now. Time to update my signature to say "5" GBR's instead of "6".

I've heard so many stories of them being fine and dandy for weeks, even months, then bam. Sorry to hear about it. I have actualy heard that wild caught rams are much hardier than captive raised in general because of the ridiculous amount of breeding they've been subject to. Whether this is true or not, I don't know.

You beat my record of two days. Apparently I can't keep platys alive either.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium

Back
Top Bottom