What are these worms ? Are they safe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Budaman

Aquarium Advice Regular
Found this worm in my tank, hides quickly when I turn on the day time lights. Anybody know if its good or bad? He is yellow and has a hammerhead.

I also have large bristle worm that ill post a video of. And a pic of a giant flat worm. These are all in my 29gal bio cube.

Pic of the possible giant flatworm.... It slithered away, and has yet to be seen again.

I don't see pics either. But the yellow one sounds like it could be a spoon worm. Try google to see if it matches. They are poisonous but really cool.

I guess the attachments didn't work coming from my iPad. Or maybe I did it wrong. How do you guys normally attach pics and vids?

I guess the attachments didn't work coming from my iPad. Or maybe I did it wrong. How do you guys normally attach pics and vids?

I've not used the app on the iPad, but I do use it on the iPhone. Hoping its the same. After you hit "reply to thread" and the page you type on appears, type you're text and then in top right corner there should be a + sign. Tap that and an option to add photo from camera or camera roll should come up. You have to download it to the app and then tap it again and hit "add inline". Then the pic should be attached.

image-2244795587.jpg

Here we go, hope this pic of the giant flatworm I found is attached

Had to take a pic of the video. Hope this helps. This is the yellow worm with the hammerhead. I've seen other that seem to come right out of the rock, hole or not.
image-1407797871.jpg

image-2064407855.jpg

This is my crazy huge bristle worm that comes out here and there. Is it to big ? I tried taking him out with gloves and tongs, but just got his head. Haven't seen him since. The little ones I don't mind and understand how beneficial they are. Just this one seems huge.

Yea! They attached!! :)
Sorry to say, other than helping with attaching pics, I'm not gonna be a lot of help here. :(

Yikes. Have no idea what the big flat yellow thing is. Hard to tell scale from that pic, but it looks huge!! :/
Don't know what the worm is either. :/
Bristle worms eat decaying material, shouldn't be a danger to your fish. I have only ever seen one in my tank one time, but mines a pretty good size too, don't think it's ever hurt a fish, though.

The yellow one is likely a spoon worm. Google images of it. It'll look fat in most pics but you'll find some of it long with the "hammer head" part. I know they're poisonous so maybe do some reasesrch on it. The other could be a bristle worm. Hard to see it.

Awesome ! Thanks everyone. No ideas as to the giant flat worm?

I had a giant flatworm..then i lost him..watched for a week..happened to see going under gsp rock...removed him a he went byby...slimed my tux urchin and killed him..so out went the worm.. Mine was tan with blue dots...

I posted that link for you to look through and see if you can find it. There are quite a few flatworms and most of them are seldom seen in the hobby. It's hard to know what it is capable of without studying it.

Back
Top Bottom