What are these worms?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blooper27

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Had my tank up and running for a few days with some bogwood and some Amazon frogbit. Started my cycle yesterday by adding ammonia and today I noticed a few worms on the glass along with lots of little specs that could be dust or sand substrate. Does anyone know what these worms are?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201002-191652.jpg
    Screenshot_20201002-191652.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 29
Had my tank up and running for a few days with some bogwood and some Amazon frogbit. Started my cycle yesterday by adding ammonia and today I noticed a few worms on the glass along with lots of little specs that could be dust or sand substrate. Does anyone know what these worms are?

Don’t quote me, could be wrong but to me they look like planaria. Do not put fish or other life in the tank without ridding these worms. They will kill everything. A good wash with equal parts white vinegar and water will do the trick.

Don’t quote me, could be wrong but to me they look like planaria. Do not put fish or other life in the tank without ridding these worms. They will kill everything. A good wash with equal parts white vinegar and water will do the trick.

I have had some people say that they look too small to be planaria. Won't they die off on their own if I don't have any fish in there?

I have had some people say that they look too small to be planaria. Won't they die off on their own if I don't have any fish in there?

As far as i know, they feed off any type of bacteria. I’d vinegar your tank and start new just to be safe

As far as i know, they feed off any type of bacteria. I’d vinegar your tank and start new just to be safe

They actually seem to be decreasing in number and I've been told by most people just to ignore them and carry on

Back
Top Bottom