what are your tank ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Centurion

Aquarium Advice Activist
well at my parents i helped install an in-wall tank. ive seen pictures of old tv's transformed in tanks. so my idea was to combine these into what i call the in-wall false plasma tank. get the front shell of a plasma screen and place it around your tank. now what crazy idea do you have?

sounds fun. Then you will have people asking you why you destoryed a really expensive plazma tv when all you did was maybe get a spair parts front frame.

how about you get a tank about 7 1/2 deep and 18 wide 15 - 17 high and a computer case.. cut out the window in the side panel and use that.. then for tank decoration you could use sunken processors, coloured cathode lights, and use plastic wire braiding or split loom on all your air tubes? or even use double stick tape to attach a custom fan guard to the side of the tank so it looks like an actual computer window? 8) :idea: ofcourse you would also cut out the interal drive brackets and motherboard tray but any monkey with a dremel could do that

My fantasy tank:

Have a big pond built right up against the foundation of my house, with big glass/acrylic viewing windows in my basement walls!

corvuscorax ive seen something similar to that. a huge koi pond that ran along the south and half the west walls of the house. thick acrylic windows in the basement let in plenty of sunlight to a library/office. man to kick back im my own comfy leather chair with a good book, look out at my happy messy fishies. that would be wonderful. :mrgreen:

I saw photos of a setup like that once! It was amazing! I like koi but if I built a tank that big I would have to fill it with oscars and discus :D

As far as the original question, You should hook up with a local electronics repair shop. they can order replacement plastic panels for big plasma screens. If you can find a model that has a screen opening just a little bit smaller than the front pane dimensions of a stock tank you will make your life much easier. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom