What did you name your fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My son was 2 when we got our two goldfish - one is white and one is gold. He named them "Goldie" and "Whitey".

I have an Acei that attacked the biggest fish in the tank when we introduced him. He is named Chuck Noris lol. I have an Angel (different tank) who has a playboy shaped bunny spot, so his name is Heff. Have a Demasoni that took 10 mins to catch in an empty tank, he is Houdini. The rest have goofy names....:brows:

Torch because he's a flame DG. Dracula because i thought the albino Corys looked like vampires. Lestat to go with the vampire thing. Lurch was named by a friend. And Ash because I can't tell if its a male or a female and he's so pale even for an albino. He almost blends in with my cuttlebone.

I have a betta named Lucky because he survived the car crash I got in when I was bringing him home, despite his cup spilling and having to refill it with untreated water until I could get him home. Then I dropped him getting out of the car. He's fine, now. I also have a albino bristlenose plec named Dirty Frank. After the pearl jam song. I don't know why, but I just looked at him and thought he looked like a Dirty Frank. A brown long finned bristlenose is named Barney, because he just looks suited up. i think that one may be female, though. None of my other fish have names right now.

I have a Featherfin catfish named gandalf. It's because he has a little bristle beard so he looks old and wise like gandalf lol.

My angelfish's name is Nemo. She has a bad fin, just like the little fish in the movie, but it doesnt seem to slow her down...lol.
My green spotted puffer's name is Pickle.
I also have a guppy named Houdini because he disappears for days at a time. Literally, dont see him even at feeding time, and just when I think Im going to have to tear the tank apart to find his lil body....hello, there he is swimming around like nobodys business. He has a few "other" names when that happens, but I will keep those to myself. Lol

I have 5 black neon tetras named Bilbo, Frodo, Sam, Pippin, and Mary (we can never distinguish them all haha) along with 2 black redtailed variatus. The first one's named Sheik (from the Legend of Zelda) and Dark Sheik for the other one because she looks exactly the same but with dark brown eyes :) My boyfriend named them all :lol:Then there's Ivory the Betta named after his blue color that turns into white on the edge of his fins. My other Betta is Captain Jack Sparrow because his tank is pirate-themed:D

Sounds like Luckys name is very appropriate! Wow!

We also have a Chuck (Norris) - our male Betta & our female Betta is Katie (Taylor). Our Pleco is called Maury because he helps the other fish like Maury does on the TV show!! Those are the only ones we've named so far (apart from the Giant Danio we're calling Chubbs that I posted about in the unhealthy section).

I have a ryukin who has one completely black eye (most likely a birth defect) so I named him Bruiser. His tank mate is a blue oranda named flash as every time he turns direction in the tank there is a flash of silver.

I have a Red Tail Tinfoil Barb I named Bruce. The shape of the Tinfoil Barb reminds me of a shark, so he was named after Bruce, the Great White Shark in Finding Nemo.

I also have a pair of Mickey Mouse Platies that I named Mickey and Minnie. The male is a dark orange and the female is light orange. I want to be a daddy. Still waiting for the fry....lol

I cat a mud cat named Alexan because I didn't know if it was and Alexander or an Alexandria

I have a bristlenose pleco named Kong because he's 20 something years old, fat, and 8 inches+ long.

My bestfriend names all my fish and he come up with the most random names (LaQuesha, Jimmy, Tiffany, Joey, Megan, Brittany).

My brother named my golden sunset male platy Maximus. He also named one of my amano shrimp Blimpy, and I named the other Oscar.
I need to think up names for my GBR pair, the Gold Barb gang, and my female Gold Twin Bar platy.

Sunburst Platys

2 of our Sunburst Platys look like Cheetos (the snack) so they are named Cheeto and Cheeta. Not many people know the Cheetos Mascot Tiger's name is Chester so we passed on that. :fish2:

3 Ghost shrimp all named "Waldo" - when my little niece and nephew come over we play "Where's Waldo?" and they try to find all 3 shrimp.

fish 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 you get the idea lol.

Hahaha...I thought I was the only one that did this. And then there's the occasional "Hey, where'd that fish come from?" when new fry finally come out of hiding. So I've got a "Hey, where'd that fish come from?", "Hey, where'd that fish come from? Jr", "Hey, where'd that fish come from? III", "Hey, where'd that fish come from? IV"...etc :)

Back
Top Bottom