what do I feed this thing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shadyfish

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a Senegal bichir and a tiger dat will both of them eat feeder fish or do I need to get another food source? The bichir is about 2 in and the dat about 3

The Tiger datnoid with accept feeder fish, but the will also eat bloodworms, chopped earthworms, and shrimp pellets.

The Senegal bichir will also accept smaller fish that it can catch, Carnivore pellets, and frozen and freeze dried foods

I have gotten both to take New Life Spectrum Thera+A with no problems.

unless you are raising your own feeders its not the best thing to use. hikari massivore is a great food to use.

I have been using feeders and have a devoted quarentine tank for them but am clueless how to breed any suggestions, and BTW how do I "train" a fish to accept diff food?

Get them hungry and offer it, that is all it usually takes for me.

the same gos for me i just get e'm real hungry and put the new food in there and they eat it like candy

Well how about breeding feeders then? I have about 35 red rosies in a seperate 29 gal what can I do to get them to breed?

Personally it is not worth it to me to breed feeders. There are better, healthier foods out there that effectively all fish will take.

Back
Top Bottom