What do you guys think about this RO/DI system?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

solidsnakejv

Aquarium Advice Activist
thats a little high but not horrible for FOWLR. Probably see some algal growth. But you still want the RODI unit for everything else in your tap water. phosphates, silicates, nitrates, chlorine, chloramine, etc

i didn't realize that i didn't specify that my tap water is 20ppm in Nitrates. which is what my tank is.
But this RO/DI unit should be fine. Right.

Thank you. it was a pain in the butt. i spent like an hour trying to arrange those rocks, and i wasn't really satisfy with it, but i think it's okay. I had a nicer setup when i was curing the rocks in the middle of the tank.

Be sure that the ground layer goes all the way to the glass. some CUC and gobies tend to dig under the rocks and can cause a landslide that way too.

Last edited:
top one should be good, but i didn't make sure that the bottoms one are touching the glass. Didn't know that could be an issues. i made sure they were stable. I guess i'll double check of stability when i do my next 20% water change.

Back
Top Bottom