What do you think of this arrangement?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jferrante

Aquarium Advice Activist
I've slowly arranged this over the past few weeks and so far this is how it's come out. I seem to go to the LFS expecting to pick one specific plant but end up getting something else entirely lol.
it's a 55 gallon long and you can see it from three sides so I tried to arrange it with that in mind while still having one side being the main view point.

oVNUSC.jpg

wvBGUo.jpg
G4m19W.jpg

rHoRj5.jpg

I'm currently cleaning a piece of Cholla wood to wedge in a space on the fake wood

I really want to add a Aponogeton ulvaceus and was also thinking about a Cabomba just to add something different than the others. But after that no more plants lol
I was thinking in the back where there is some free space. I could also move one the italian val near the heater to the far right corner in the front and put the Ulvaceus next to the heater which would effectively hide the heater from the from a bit. . the cabomba can go right behind the hastifolia (but slightly to the right where the free space is.

There is an Anubias Nana, Hasifolia, 2 Italian Vals, Christmas Moss and java fern (tied to lava rock, A. Reinekii, Amazon (hybrid?) Sword, banana plant and this tall aquatic grass that's dark green.

Would a
aponogeton ulvaceus get too big for the room that's left? I know the banana plant will block some light but it will mostly be where the Anubias are so it's not that big of a problem.

FQAQm3.jpg
I also can't wait till the Christmas moss engulfs this lava rock :)

I'll be getting a either Apistogramma or Bolivian ram, pearl or neon gourami, cories, amano shrimp, and simease algae eater. in the future so I've been trying to make a bunch of different regions for them to hide or claim.

Very nice!

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
16 gallon vampire shrimp and snails

I like the idea of bunching things up and filling vertical space on the right side and having it get less busy the further to the left you go. It would give the same look when viewed from the opposite side (just inverted left to right).

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom