what do you think of this light?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Evaunitone

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm in the process of setting up a 20 gallon long tank to be a planted tank. What do you experts think of this light? Good deal? I calculated about 2.4 wpg. Is that correct? I'm hoping the people who really know a good light from a bad light can tell me if this is the right light to get.

Current USA Nova Extreme T5 X2 Freshwater Aquarium Lighting Fixture, 2X24 Watt, 30 inch

Features:

• One 24 Watt SlimPaq 10K and one 24 watt Freshwater T5 HO fluorescent lamp
  • Dimensions: 30" x 5.5" x 2"
  • 48 watts
  • Individually contoured reflectors
  • Plastic mounting legs
  • Performance driven electronic ballast. No independent control over 10K and freshwater lamps.
I'd like to buy my light asap. The other light I could purchase is here:

T5-ho 24" /2 lamp aquarium Light

Which sounds great but its 24 inches instead of 30 inches like the above light, and also as I'm sure most of us know, the 20 gallon long tank I'm going to use the light on is 30 inches long as well.

Lemme know, thanks!!

Current is a good name in aquarium lighting. The nova extreme is a nice light. The one from fishneedit is good too, but being only 24", youre going to have about 4" on each side of the tank that doesnt have light over it, so it may shade, which would be ok if you had some low light plants like anubias on the ends... depends on how you want to scape the tank really

Back
Top Bottom