What does it mean if livestock is rated Expert Only!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

uscamaro

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I've been looking on liveaquaria.com to get an idea of who will be a part of my fish family. One of the stats I focus on is Care Level. What does "expert only" really entail? Are they even fun to have at that level? I'm not going to get 1 right after my tank is cycled because I want to prove them wrong, I'm just curious. And there will be no prima donna fish in my tank.

Oh, and while I'm at it, what does With Caution mean under the Reef Compatible stat?

Here's what I'm talking about:

Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Aquariums: Spotted Sweetlips

if you click on reef compatible it will tell you. But it comes down to what it is compatible with. Care level is basiclly that you need to be really familiar with the fish you get as they are very sensible to changes, salinity,amonia spikes, etc....................s small things like that will kill your fish.

hmmm... I didn't even think to click on those...

...excuse me, MOD? could you go ahead and delete this thread please? :oops:

I personally think it`s a good question. We will leave it here. Thanks for asking.

Also, if you read teh 'Overview' they normally tell you what to expect and why the designations are at a certain level:

"
A 150 gallon or larger aquarium is required due to its size and eating habits. It grows at a rapid pace to almost 3 feet in length. It needs a larger tank to provide it with ample swimming room and plenty of hiding places. If placed in a reef aquarium, the Spotted Sweetlips will eat smaller crustaceans, smaller fireworms, serpent stars, small snails, and polychaete worms. "

Back
Top Bottom