What else should I feed my Cichlids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishmanbrady

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a Tiger Oscar, Jaguar, EB Jack Dempsey, Green Terror, Firemouth, Salvini, Jewel.

I already feed them Hikari sinking and floating pellets, Mysis Shrimp and Bloodworms.

What else should I feed them? beefheart do well? How about a Prawn?

All of these fish are fairly young.

When I say Prawn I mean a frozen Prawn I find at a grocery store. Then let it defrost, then stick a fork in it and let it sink.

Hey fishmanbrady, sounds like you have got the food covered. I don't like beefheart. Any leftovers foul the tank quickly. I also give mine frozen brine shrimp on occasion. If you come across any grubs that you find in your garden, your fish will eat these readily. Of course you wouldn't use any that have been on plants that have been sprayed with chemicals. I found some fat green grubs on my goji berry plant and my Texas guys went nuts for them. I feed hikari pellets and blood worms on occasion also and my fish look and behave very healthfully to the point where they are spawning and caring for their fry.

i think what your feedin them already is a good enough variety hope you have a big tank for all those guys some get to a decent size and your gonna have agression issues later down the road good luck !! i would have at least a 120 gallon for the stock you xurrently have. im not an expert but thats based on the knowledge i have aquired already.

Back
Top Bottom