What fertz should I buy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dharris

Aquarium Advice Regular
29G
65W CF.
Substrate: Eco Complete
2 small danio's
2 gold algae eaters
Java Ferns (growing fast)
Few bunches of Anacharis
1 Money-wort
1 Amazon Sword

Tank is now 1 3/4 months old.

Will be doing my first water change, then adding more fish.
More plants soon to come.

If you aren't supplimenting Co2, then Seachem Flourish Excel (and at least a DIY Co2 setup)

Some fertalizer tabs. for the sword.

And can ya send me some java fern that actually grows? :) (JK)

You can also pick up some KNO3, or Seachem Nitrogen (same stuff) if you measure very low nitrates.

Wizzard~Of~Ozz said:
If you aren't supplimenting Co2, then Seachem Flourish Excel (and at least a DIY Co2 setup)

Some fertalizer tabs. for the sword.

And can ya send me some java fern that actually grows? :) (JK)

You can also pick up some KNO3, or Seachem Nitrogen (same stuff) if you measure very low nitrates.

Going to attempt a DYI Co2 system soon. Thanks for the information on the fertz.

Also, weekly 50% water changes are standard for planted tanks to reset the chemistry. Your fish will like the fresh water too.

I have a very similar set-up and need lots of potassium or my sword gets "holy" Does he need Iron/trace for this set-up?

I was a little strapped for time last night.

You'll wanna add the DIY CO2 first and foremost.

I think you'll need potassium sulfate, plantex CSM+B (you can choose to get the extra iron version if you want. I have no experience w/ it)

More than likely you'll need a nitrate source and phosphate, at least for after yoru weekly water change to re-dose what's needed.

Until you have it running 'normally' with the CO2 a few weeks, and take lots of test readins, you won't know exactly how your tank is using nutrients.

I tend to have enough nitrate, but my phosphates are always low cuz I'm good about not overfeeding, and I use quality, low-phosphate foods.

Back
Top Bottom