What Filter Do You Use?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For my 55 gallon Freshwater tank my filtration consists of:
(2) 55 Gallon Aqueon HOB wet/dry filtration w/ additional bio media (no chemical media)
(1) Fluval G3 canister filter (upgraded from a Fluval 205)
(1) UV Green Killing machine filter

Clean up crew fish consiting of 5 corys who scavange the bottom of the tank and 1 pleco to remove algae
Also I have some floating plants to help balance out my aquatic ecosystem

I have an AC 70 and an AC 50 on my 20 gal..rena,fluval and an AC 110 on my 125 gal..love the aquaclear line;) highly recommended:thumbup:

FreshwaterFishJunkie said:
For my 55 gallon Freshwater tank my filtration consists of:
(2) 55 Gallon Aqueon HOB wet/dry filtration w/ additional bio media (no chemical media)
(1) Fluval G3 canister filter (upgraded from a Fluval 205)
(1) UV Green Killing machine filter

Clean up crew fish consiting of 5 corys who scavange the bottom of the tank and 1 pleco to remove algae
Also I have some floating plants to help balance out my aquatic ecosystem

How is the green killing machine working for you? I am waiting for mine to be shipped to me!

The "Green Killing Machine" works Great I have had it for 3 months and its been on 24/7.

That's great! I heard there has been alot of problems with it so I was hesitant to purchase one but I am really excited to see how clear my water will get!!

That's great! I heard there has been alot of problems with it so I was hesitant to purchase one but I am really excited to see how clear my water will get!!
Welcome anytime. The "Green Killing Machine" works great cause the flow rate is slow so the water has a lot of contact time with the water.

Welcome anytime. The "Green Killing Machine" works great cause the flow rate is slow so the water has a lot of contact time with the water.

Do you mean that the water has a lot of contact time with the bulb? Even so, it doesn't need to be touching the bulb. It just needs to be exposed to UV light for long enough.

Do you mean that the water has a lot of contact time with the bulb? Even so, it doesn't need to be touching the bulb. It just needs to be exposed to UV light for long enough.
Some sleees on UV filter bulbs can reducte the light output reaching the water.

Also below are the product features for the UV Green killing Machine product

Makes fighting green water easier. UV radiation is effective in controlling bacteria, yeast, molds, and other pathogens, in turn controlling algae growth. Water flows in direct contact with the UV lamp, intensifying its function of fighting green water. In addition, it can be hidden behind ornaments in your aquarium, cutting back on tubing around your tank.

9W Model (UV9WPL)
  • Treats fresh and salt water aquariums up to 53 U.S. gallons (200 L).
  • Completely submersible and sealed to ensure no water leakage.
  • Has a 12V internal UV sterilizer with power head.
  • Uses a 9W sterilization lamp (replacement lamp sold separately).
  • Built-in LED indication for UV sterilizer replacement (replace lamp tube when LED is off).
  • Child Safe 12V low voltage design.
  • Filtration pump (200 L/hour) and sponge included.
  • Zigzag flow designs for maximum sterilizing time.
  • Requires no tubing, has one plug to work both the UV sterilizer and filtration.
  • Assembled unit measures 7 1/2"L x 1 7/8"W x 4"D.
24W Model (UV24WPL)
  • Treats fresh and salt water aquariums up to 106 U.S. gallons (400 L).
  • Completely submersible and sealed to ensure no water leakage.
  • Has a 12V internal UV sterilizer with power head.
  • Uses a 24W sterilization lamp (replacement lamp sold separately).
  • Built-in LED indication for UV sterilizer replacement (replace lamp tube when LED is off).
  • Child Safe 12V low voltage design.
  • Filtration pump (400 L/hour) and sponge included.
  • Zigzag flow designs for maximum sterilizing time.
  • Requires no tubing, has one plug to work both the UV sterilizer and filtration.
  • Assembled unit measures 15"L x 2 1/4"W x 4 1/4"D.

Back
Top Bottom