What Filter Do You Use?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

madcurlyq

Aquarium Advice Activist
What filter do you use and why? Right now I'm looking for the best choice for my 30gal.

I have aquaclears on all my tanks. They are very quite and work great!!

In my 29G I got topfin and quiet flow for 10G both are pretty good. Quiet enough to sleep :)

I have aquaclears on my 36, 46 and fluval fx5 on my 75. I love aquaclears they are easy to maintain and dint need to buy media so often.

I was thinking about having a fluval canister but those just went up in price on amazon from $60 to $105.

I use Marineland Bio-Wheels and I have one Marina i25 (actually a good small gallon filter!). The Bio-Wheels have all been great quality and although they are loud, they are great filters. The wheel is also a nice feature for BB.

Fluval 206 on my 20 gallon. A 306 would be perfect for a 30 gallon

Ok thanks, and a question about co2 systems could i us e this...

Amazon.com: S5 CO2 Diffuser Aquarium Glass Carbon Dioxide Reactor: Pet Supplies

with a homemade system?

You probably would not get enough pressure out of a DIY system to use with a diffuser like that. You really need pressurized to get the nice stream of tiny bubbles out of those.

As far as filters... I have an AquaClear 50 on my 30g and it works wonders. I had an Aquaclear 30 on my 20g. I'm using a Magnum 350 on my 75g tank.

I like to be overfiltered so I have a Rena Filstar XP3 and a Aquaclear 50 on my 20 gallon long. I can also use the AQ50 when I need an isolation tank.

Petsmart in my area(east coast) has Eheim ECCO Pro 35's which are rated for 35 gallon tanks for 49.57.

Yes, 49.57. They are on clearance for some reason. They're normally priced at around 129.99.

I would definitely check them out, though both stores near me are now out.

On my 29g (which isn't gonna be here for much longer), it has a decent filter, Tetra O 30 or less filter. My new one will be using it's original, Top Fin power filter for 40-50+

Back
Top Bottom