What fish i should get

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

happyfish2131

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm going to petsmart right now don't know what type of fish to get any idea of a good fish I should get???

I have a 10g tank love Molly's tetras and swordtails pretty simple fish...

10 gal tank is too small for mollys or swords. Some tetras like neons are small but are active swimmers and need a larger tank than a 10 gal. Is this a new tank? Is it cycled? Do you have other fish in there? I'd do some research first prior to buying fish.

No offense is intended here, but why are you getting fish without something (and prior research) in mind? Spur of the moment fish purchases tend to end up badly. Plan, research, then purchase (and QT). Don't trust the store to solve your problems in the future. They will just sell you more fish along with products that can be questionable at best. JMO.

HN1 said:
No offense is intended here, but why are you getting fish without something (and prior research) in mind? Spur of the moment fish purchases tend to end up badly. Plan, research, then purchase (and QT). Don't trust the store to solve your problems in the future. They will just sell you more fish along with products that can be questionable at best. JMO.

+1 all they way.

Impulse fish buying is a bad habit to get into. Think about it this way, although not as expensive, you wouldn't go buy a puppy without having a little forethought right?

That being said, everyone at some point has done what you are doing. We just wanna help you not make the mistakes we have :)

Back
Top Bottom