What I saw at walmart...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Poor, poor fishy! A fish I got from walmart had dropsy, (Higly contagious, hint hint) I'm sure by the end of the week the whole tank was dead.

NO this is not the norm.
The LFS that I deal with is not like that at ALL.
You can walk into this store any time any day and there is someone cleaning tanks and doing WC's.
The tanks rarely have a dead fish in them and they are clear.
They only have 5 people working there.

Take it from a person who works the Wally-World.

Complain. Complain. Complain.

Go to the service desk, and pick up a "letter to the president" or a "comment to the manager" slip. Believe it or not the store managers (atleast, mine does) do read these. And aloud to the store at that. He cares about the customers that shop at the store. And it's what Wal-Mart is all about.

An upset customer = an upset manager. And then, if the store manager doesn't do the trick, go to a district manager, or even a regional manager. It's Wal-Mart's Policy.

I know it doesn't make up for the shoddy care found at some stores, but it just might help someone wise up a bit.

Good luck.

What a terrible picture. Actually, PETA has just launched a new ad campaign....the Fish Empathy Project. They might be interested.

But I agree with rubysoho, they are an out-there extreme group--their goal is to eliminate all fish from people's diets. I would vote for approaching Walmart managers or executives individually, too.

mayreee said:
lyquidphyre said:
Lance M. said:
WOW 8O The fish was still breathing? That's terrible. :cry:

We should start burning down Wal-marts :twisted:

we should loot them and THEN burn em down =o)

I'm in!

MUAUAHAHahaha!!! We can hold a rally somewhere and develop the L&P Organization :idea: (Looting and Pyro) and start our destruction of Wal-mart!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

ok hi I am new to this whole forum thing and aquarium thing I just got an owi so I cant drive till like march and a few months before that I got a 5 inch gash in the bottom of my foot all tolaling about six grand in damages, so what do I do start up one of my old tanks I had when I was a kid, any way this whole super chain store thing that has been coming about might be good for a large city like new york or LA but I live in a city with 60,000 people alot of people yes but the more large stores we get the more the mom and pop ones hurt the last mom n pop grocery went belly up about six years ago when we got a new major grocery but now we have a super walmart and the major grocers are suffering also when we got a super walmart I did some checking and found out that they get there produce from some places that use banned pesticides that cant be washed off (they soak into the fruits and veggies) these pesticides have been found to create birth defects and cancer the government wont allow the use of these pesticides but will allow the importation of the food somethings wrong there also I have wanted to buy some fish from walmart but as always there sick or dead making me to not even buy feeder fish there also I have never seen a employee in that department other than to stock fish food fake plants and such they never have anything I want for a store that is supposed to have anything I could ever want they have nothing not a tool sometimes cloths there alcohol selection should put them to shame electronics are ok If I could afford there crap.

p.s. peta is full of **** but I will say with much regret contact peta all of you title your contact fish are friends not food tell them about you crapy local super store, If walmart wants in the pet trade they should stock there store like they want in.

Montwo....i do not wish to comment on you, but please try to put some points and commas here and there. It makes everything much more agreeable to read.

Lucky we don't have Walmart here in Europe...........I would waste some serious time complaining in their stores about the fish... :lol:

Will the original poster please post the address of this wal mart so we can write and complain. This is a great community and I think that with all the people we have here we could complain enough to influence a change. This is a great opportunity to show our support and love for what this site is all about, THE FISH!

P.S. That pic was horrible, I almost threw up.

sorry bout the punctuation but it's not my bag I tend to just let the words flow forth from mah brain I am 26 and cant even punctuate but I can tear apart a car or make a bomb hands on more science kind of things once again sorry but it will keep happening I will try to keep things short from now on but superstores piss me off sorry

Back
Top Bottom