what is better a water circulation pump or a air pump for freshwater plant tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sharktale

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
what is better a water circulation pump or a air pump for freshwater plant tank.
I want to know if I should put a circulation pump in my 75 freshwater tank, i don't know if all the plants are getting all the nutrients with a air pump and HOB filter. Let me know what you think thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

IMO a circulation pump will move water around better. You can position them in any direction and they also come in various sizes/GPH capacities. Some setups even have adjustable and programmable speeds

+1 on the circulation pump. I had before I put a second canister filter on my 55.

Water Circulation

what is better a water circulation pump or a air pump for freshwater plant tank.
I want to know if I should put a circulation pump in my 75 freshwater tank, i don't know if all the plants are getting all the nutrients with a air pump and HOB filter. Let me know what you think thank you!

Hello Shark...

A couple of Hagen Aquaclear filters will do the job. Just get two AC70s and place one at opposite ends of the tank. You can dose a little Seachem Comprehensive liquid fertilizer and stock the tank well with fish. Just feed them a balanced diet. Follow an aggressive water change routine to replace minerals that are depleted through the filtration process and you'll have a nicely planted and healthy tank.

B

Thank you! that's a great help, here is a pic, I have 2 more plants I have to put later.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407808294.241329.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407808294.241329.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 70
Back
Top Bottom