What is going on? (Video)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CouponDiva

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I had a problem with me 2nd tank last week that ya'll helped me fix & everything is fine. But now my 1st tank has a little sick fishy.

I have tried to take a picture but he moves so fast the quality of the image is crap. He has like a bulging bump on his side near his rib cage. It almost looks like he ate a rock but I don't think that is the case. It's a little red but that's it.
Now he is swimming really weird almost like slowly skipping. I have taken a video so that yall can see what I am saying. At the end of the video you can see the bump pretty good.

I did do a 25% water change yesterday but he has had the bump before that. I am testing the water as we speak.:(

Thanks for yalls help :)

http://youtu.be/DlvSrBXOyPo

What did you test say about the water parameters? Is the bulge only on one side, does it look the same on both sides? Can you see if any of his scales are sticking out at all, sort of like a pinecone, but gouramis have small scales so you sometimes have to look closely.

I tested the water and everything came back just fine nothing to worry in that area. He only has that one buldge on one side. He has been laying low hiding lately. Maybe it was the female she jumped kicked him for always following her LOL

Sorry it took me a few days to respond. Is he doing any better? Its good that the water is ok, but that still leaves a few options.
Since the bulge is only on one side, a swim bladder issue is a possibility. I suggest you google swim bladder troubles and see if that sounds right to you.

So it's been almost a week since I have noticed the bump. It's still there but he is doing fine. It looked like a blister the other day and now it's more blackish color. He is having no problems swimming or anything anymore so I am unsure of what it is?

Now my female that is just like him is having problems. She has been healthy but all of a sudden she is giving up. Laying on her side and just staying still. I thought she would have passed away but I found her under the house just laying their and still breathing. I moved her to a little nursing net so I could take a picture to show you. If I leave her alone she doesn't move and just lays down but if I startle her she will swim a min and lay down. I tested the water perimeters and everything is fine :(

img_1827418_0_3076f2c6a21ffaeb6329468689f31428.jpg

How puzzling. I am really sorry about your girl. I am not sure what sort of lump would turn black, maybe a tumor or something? But that doesn't explain what could be wrong with the female.
Can you post the exact water parameters? What kind of test kit are you using?

Back
Top Bottom