What is the best way to use Reef Builder?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PrettyFishies

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm dealing with low PH - as low as 7.4.

I have been trying to use kalkwasser in my auto top off and it initially was working then just couldn't maintain. I decided to try reef builder to raise my alk and reef buffer for the PH.

How often can I add the builder? Or is it that I should test my alk daily to see where it moves to? Last night it was 7 degrees of carbonate hardness.

TIA!

Have you tried increasing surface agitation? Pointing a power head towards the surface usually corrects ph issues.

I'm dealing with low PH - as low as 7.4.

I have been trying to use kalkwasser in my auto top off and it initially was working then just couldn't maintain. I decided to try reef builder to raise my alk and reef buffer for the PH.

How often can I add the builder? Or is it that I should test my alk daily to see where it moves to? Last night it was 7 degrees of carbonate hardness.

TIA!

If you cant maintain ph id say likely alk is low raise the alk if cant maintain alk then magnesium is low alk cal and mag all go hand in hand keep those 3 at appropriate levels and ph will maintain proper level

Back
Top Bottom