What is this fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

baron1282

Aquarium Advice FINatic

It's my brothers fish, and I am trying to figure it out. I am sure it's easy but I don't know.

It's in his current 10 gallon tank. He has upgraded to my old 29 gallon tank that I use to have as a Saltwater tank (I moved it to a 55). He wants to move all his fish over to the 29 and only plans on 10 fish in total. He has 2 Telescope Goldfish in an 8 gallon and that's why I gave him my 29.

He is stubborn and wouldn't listen to me about cycling my tank. He set up the tank like this.

It's my old Marineland 150, and his old 10 gallon filter. The fish store sold him two black molly's to cycle his tank. I tried to get him to go fishless cycle but he didn't listen to me. At least I made him get the Tetra Safe Start bottle Bactria.

The other thing I made him do is get some Bio-Rings and a clean pair of panty hoes. We cut the panty hoes to put some rings in and put it in the marineland filter along with the bio-wheel. Get some Extra bio filtration going!

So what he has now is 2 of the fish I can't identify, 2 Telescope Goldfish, 2 molly's, a snail, and some tiny sucker fish that is not a pleco.

Try uploading the pictures to your account here and reposting them.

But altogether that's an awful stocking for any tank regardless of size. The temperature requirements between the goldfish and the others alone are terrible.

Try uploading the pictures to your account here and reposting them.

But altogether that's an awful stocking for any tank regardless of size. The temperature requirements between the goldfish and the others alone are terrible.

Yeah, I know, but he is stubborn and won't listen. He already has the fish.
I just really wanted to get the goldfish out of the 8 gallon he had them in. So I was nice and gave him my old 29 gallon. I have seen many fish that shouldn't go together live for a long time peacefully and healthy, so I am not to worried. I was mostly worried about the Goldfish. I don't know what the other fish is to be worried about it. I am thinking it's a Barb, but I don't know. :p

It's the fish store fault really, he listens to them. They are a good store, but I asked him. "Who would you believe, the guy that has a successful saltwater tank for 2 years, or people that are going to sale you whatever they can"?.

as long as I get his fish transferred alive and healthy I will be happy. They have already been swimming in the 8 gallon for a year, and the other fish in the picture is in a 10 gallon.

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 74
  • unname1d.jpg
    unname1d.jpg
    178.7 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_7856.jpg
    IMG_7856.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 78
Back
Top Bottom