What is this stuff?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

differenter2000

Aquarium Advice Regular
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1451355961.200637.jpg
So I'm setting up my new 75 gal cichlid aquarium (I'm waiting for it to cycle right now) and I put aragonite sand in the tank and it made the water super cloudy, so I used this crystal clear stuff in the tank and it seemed to work a bit but now I have this nasty stuff clumping at the bottom... How to I get rid of this? I don't have a gravel vacuum but I'm using 100 gallons worth of filtration tight now (one is the main filter and the other is my cichlid filter so I can get their bacteria in the tank)

Most likely it is the settled contents of the flocculant (clarifier) you added. With a siphon you can skim over the surface of the substrate and remove it. Last time I used a product like that it gave the appearance of unsightly dust on the plants, rocks, and substrate.
Edit: I just said the same thing as in post #2 ?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks for the answers! I don't have a gravel cleaner so I just kept my filters on until it cleared up! :)

Good news that worked.

Just cleaned the last filter here after redoing the substrate a while back. Absolutely caked.

Back
Top Bottom