What is this weird fish doing? Is this normal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brry

Aquarium Advice Regular
My little guppies, they swim all over the tank and are totally normal, except for this one guppy, who likes to position himself under the filter and swim directly into the incoming stream of water. He'll do this for several minutes, then I guess he gets bored, so he'll go swim around the tank, then he goes right back and swims against the stream again. Is he playing? Does he just like swimming against the stream? He doesn't look sick, he's not gasping for air. None of the other fish are doing this.

...Totally baffled :confused:

Mine do that. I read somewhere that guppies are slowly becoming weaker due to the inbreeding (which is how they got their lovely colours, wild guppies are most boring).

I have guppies which swim into the filter and others which swim directly under it and others which swim above and to the right of it (where this is no motion).

I have far more sensative fish in my tank than guppies but I only ever seem to lose them (and Cobalts, actually)

A lot of fish love the water current. My mothers guppies do it all the time. I have bubble bars in my tanks and some of the fish swim through those over and over too. It's normal don't worry : )

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium

Nope. This fish is now acting paralyzed, the same way my other ones did before they died. It floats near the top, seizes up frozen, and floats around the tank a bit, not moving any of it's fins. Then it's like it just "wakes up" and starts swimming around normal again. It repeats this process every few minutes. All the others are fine. Did a water change but I'm pretty sure it's a goner. Can't tell what's wrong with it because it looks fine physically.

Sometimes fish just die, like human just die. Recently I lost a Jumbo Neon. No seeming explanation, she was healthy and perky when I turned out the light in the evening. Nothing wrong with the water etc, but dead in the morning and already half eaten. Sometimes they ju st die.

Back
Top Bottom