What is this???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zhsimko

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have some sort of alien life form growing in my live rock. Most of the time, it cant be seen at all but yesterday this worm-thing had to be extended a full 2 inches from the rock... does anyone know what this could be? Thanks in advance!
messagepart1.jpg
messagepart.jpg

Just google image searched both of those, my guess it is a worm as ive never seen more than that one appendage coming from the rock... I know starfish can regenerate, is it possible a tiny piece was in my LR when I bought it? Its been in my tank for about 2 years now

your best bet is to take a sneak peak after the lights have been off for an hour or so. I really need to get a red light myself, my flashlight scares off the critters.

Definately a bristleworm that just extended itself looking for food, good scavengers IMO, when you get too many they can become a problem, but for the most part they are good. Make sure you wear thick rubber gloves for now on when you play around in the tank as they can leave a nasty sting if you touch them.

Definitely a bristle worm, They used to grow massive in my reef tank but I always left a couple in as they make good sand sifters

Back
Top Bottom