What is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dctpevrythng

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389830375.127034.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389830398.226308.jpg

I've recently been adding coral to my nano and saw this green spike like creature walking around on the bottom of my tank. Any help on identifying it?

Correct me if I'm wrong but that definitely looks like a zoa eating one.

But you gotta admit a nudibranch is a pretty spiffy name. If that what it is.
Now what should I keep it? It's kinda cute...

I'd remove it unless you want your zoas to disappear. I'd also give your zoas a nice dip and look for any eggs

It'd be cool to take a microscope and take an iPhone pic of it really up close. If you do, post it!

Well lost site of it and I believe it crawled somewhere in my LR. I'll have to keep an eye on my zoas.

It shall live.

Until I catch it.

Just tried to snatch it and it crawled into my green star polyp I purchased today. I believe it came with the polyp. Do you all think I should pull the polyp and return it?

Unless the nudibranch came in on some green zoas, it may not have been a zoa eater. Not all of them are bad, but they do tend to take on the color of their food.

Unless the nudibranch came in on some green zoas, it may not have been a zoa eater. Not all of them are bad, but they do tend to take on the color of their food.

I've had my green zoas for a while and had yet to see anything, but purchase the green star polyp earlier today and these little guys appeared.

Maybe it's a green star eater?? I've never heard of one that eats it though

Back
Top Bottom