What is wrong with my Guppie?! :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

senemedar

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello.
Some time ago I noticed a little lump on the back of my fish, and it's growing all the time. At the same time the fish doesn't seem to be noticing it, swims around as usual and play with the other Guppie all the time; doesn't seem to be having any troubles with swimming as well, and eats too (although when I think of it, I don't recall seing it doing any poo lately...). I checked the water and apart from a PH level raised a bit, it's OK.
I've done some pictures, but it's very hard to catch it in sharp, as it keep swimming :D
Guppie.jpg

Guppie-2.jpg

Guppie-4.jpg

I Google'd it, but couldn't find any answers. Also, I tried the couple of forums and this seemed to me to be most professional (it is not a attempt to get some favours :D), so I decided to post my trouble.

It just looks like a tumor. If it is, I don't know if there's anything you can do for it. If it's not effecting his behavior then I wouldn't really worry about it.

It just looks like a tumor. If it is, I don't know if there's anything you can do for it. If it's not effecting his behavior then I wouldn't really worry about it.

I second that, +1 :)

Hmmm... To be honest, it's what I thought as well. Any ideas of how long it will may yet live?

Depends on how fast it spreads/grows, unfortunately you might have to euthanize him but I wouldn't until he showing signs of pain and you know for sure.

I agree with the tumor idea. It could also be a cyst. No way of knowing how long he will live. Like the others said, as long as his behavior is fine, don't worry about it. All your guppies in those pictures look quite pretty.

It's a sad day for me, as I just send my Guppie to a Land of Constant Current :((
He was getting bigger and his tail was totally deformed; he was getting too heavy and kept falling down to bottom and other fishes were starting to bit him, so I decided to end his suffering (I choose the boiling water option from the euthanasia topic).
I'm very sad ;(

It's a sad day for me, as I just send my Guppie to a Land of Constant Current :((
He was getting bigger and his tail was totally deformed; he was getting too heavy and kept falling down to bottom and other fishes were starting to bit him, so I decided to end his suffering (I choose the boiling water option from the euthanasia topic).
I'm very sad ;(
Thats too bad. Sorry about your little guy.:nono:

I would imagine its a FLESH TUMOR my grandmothers dog did the same thing he had a small tumor and weeks later it was much much bigger and doesnt effect his health or his atititude so i would just leave it alone^^

Back
Top Bottom