What is wrong with my neon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vacuumlad

Aquarium Advice Freak
One of my neons has this weird thing coming out of its deformed looking stomach. All other fish are fine and the tank is over a year old. He looked fine to exempt that thing. What is this? Is it bad? Thanks in advance. Also he has had this for about 1-2 weeks
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1459134943.269911.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1459134766.103345.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1459134921.637695.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I'd be guessing as I can't make out the photo well. Possibly parasites or intestinal/bacterial. I would shift to QT but would suspect recovery prospects are low.

I cant see what you're referring to. But anytime something is "coming out of the fish" there is a good chance its an internal parasite.

Ok. How would this have gotten into the tank? I have not added fish in a while and every one is healthy

I'll try to add better photos later but it's the white "thing" comming out on the lower abdomen in the third picture

Back
Top Bottom