What is your favorite Ich meds that WON'T stain your tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DanR

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm sure this has been discussed hundreds of times in the past and I did find some old content about this, but I figured every year there are new products on the market so it was worth asking.

I'm currently dealing with a case of Ich on my quarantine tank *phew* on 4 new fish I purchased last week. The Ich showed up 4 days after purchase. I am currently treating with meds but they do have the warning about staining your tank seal etc. I don't care for this tank, but if ever I had to quarantine my entire display tank's inhabitants in to a hospital tank I have, I definitely wouldn't want it staining blue as it's a really nice tank.

Basically if ever I got Ich in the main tank, I would remove the fish from the tank to the hospital tank, pump up the heat full blast in the main tank and salt it and treat the fish in the hospital tank with meds. So yeah, just trying to find something that works well and doesn't stain.

So glad you guys advised me to get a quarantine tank...

Thanks!
Dan

My favorite treatment is heat, and huge (50+%) water changes with good gravel/ bottom vacuuming every other day.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Do people find staining an issue? I find with MG that the stain goes after a few weeks and only really notice it on white ornaments.

Do people find staining an issue? I find with MG that the stain goes after a few weeks and only really notice it on white ornaments.

Ah ok if that's as severe as it gets, I don't really care then lol!

Ah ok if that's as severe as it gets, I don't really care then lol!

I was just wondering myself as this pops up every so often :) I'm not sure if Australian meds are different strength or something so was curious - maybe the algae just hides it in my case :(

Rid ich plus by Kordon.
The two ingredients are the best when combined in killing ich.
I have used it on my clown loaches before.
Start with 1/2 dose day one after large water changes and if all goes well then full next day...
Sometimes the heat method is to slow to save an infected fish.. I like to kill ich as fast as possible if I suspect it..

Back
Top Bottom