What killed my shrimp?...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishFrik

Aquarium Advice FINatic
One of my 3 cleaner shrimp died this morning. The other two are fine, eating/scavenging normally so i doubt that the water killed the other shrimp. Any idea? I suspect my anthias... but im not too sure. Maybe some kind of parasites did this?

1 interesting thing about the shrimp is that it's the only shrimp that hasn't moulded since the move from my 29G. The other 2 moulded within a few days being in the 75G.

TIA

Sometimes they can have a bad molt and just die. If you water tests ok, then it migh have been his time. Both my cleaner and fire shrimp, up and died, about two months apart, with no explinations. Sorry for your loss.

I know how you feel. Sometimes it just doesn't make since! My urchins are thriving, I thought they would be more sensitive than the shrimp, but apparently not. I also didn't see any kind of spike on my water parameters either....One thing, with my fire shrimp, the damsels would eat his antennas/feelers, maybe he was stressed, but I believe it is hard to tell with an invert like that, he looked fine one day and was gone the next. My cleaner did the same thing, but no one bothered him.

Back
Top Bottom